Thursday, July 2, 2015

Nordic Cycle Trip - Post #11

Here i sit, the night before i head for the airport. I just watched "Chaplin", with Robert Downey Jr.; i remember it being a lot better. I think the only reason i care for the movie is because Milla Jovovich makes an appearance as his first wife. The movie is over two hours long and the only memorable bits are right after he meets Mildred (Milla) and the wedding photo scene when he first does the Tramp.

Mmmmmmmmmilla
I was so bored with the film that i repacked my carry-on bag, shifting things around a little to fit better. I also skipped a few minutes in the middle of the movie to put a GoPro mount in my car so i could thrill you with some video footage of my drive to the airport. It'll be exciting, or your money back.

My problem with tonight, and tomorrow morning, is that i have nothing to do. i've done all the preparation i can think of. Aside from putting things in the car tomorrow the only thing i have to do is worry about what i'm getting into. I thought maybe i should review my plan for riding from Oslo to Karlstad so i opened up Google maps. I looked closely at the roads it's telling me to take and i can't tell if they're paved or not! I'm riding a road bike so i need paved roads. and there's no way i'm going to remember where i'm supposed to go. I'm trying to save some 'offline' maps but we'll see how well that works.

I'm nervous, anxious, excited, afraid. Maybe i should focus on the first day. From the Oslo airport to the city. Just 25 miles. All i have to do is go south and remember vaguely where the hostel is. Once i'm there i can just relax the rest of the day and just explore the city. And i can use the hostel wi-fi to study my plan for the next day.

My demi-boss worked in Oslo for a bit and he gave me a couple places to check out. So did my friend, Marie. If you've been to Oslo (or Stockholm or anywhere between) and have suggestions for places i should see, feel free to add them to this Google map (JTG Tours Google Map).

Here's a recent picture of Milla with her new baby
I don't think she'll be in Oslo this weekend, but who knows! Maybe i'll try to think about that until i land.

No comments:

Post a Comment